Here are all the best pillows for side sleeper reviews & buying guide 2019. We have many choices in looking for the best pillows for your sleeping needs. We hope that all above information regarding to the best pillows for side sleeper reviews is useful for your determination.
Here is top 5 lastest best seller pillows on Amazon:
|1||Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillow (2-Pack) - Luxury Plush Gel Pillow - Dust Mite Resistant &...||6,594 Reviews||$34.99 from $32.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||DreamNorth Premium Gel Pillow Loft (Pack of 2) Luxury Plush Gel Bed Pillow for Home + Hotel...||3,440 Reviews||$47.99 from $25.23||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Dream Rite Shredded Hypoallergenic Memory Foam Pillow WonderSleep Series Luxury Adjustable Loft Home...||1,187 Reviews||$25.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Coop Home Goods - Premium Adjustable Loft - Shredded Hypoallergenic Certipur Memory Foam Pillow with...||17,226 Reviews||from $59.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||COZSINOOR COZYDREAM Hotel Quality Pillows for Sleeping [Set of Two] Premium Plush Fiber, 100%...||1,452 Reviews||$32.99||Buy on Amazon|
Importance of sleeping to our life
Sleeping is regarded as one of the most important commodities that we must get enough of. It plays a very important role in our good health and well-being throughout the life. Getting enough quality sleep helps protect our mental and physical health, quality of life, and safety. Because during sleep, our body is working to support functions of brain and maintain our physical health. That is reason why getting enough quality sleep is especially vital to children and teenagers because it helps support their growth and development.
We cannot go days by days without getting enough sleep because it surely will affect our productivity, and cause lots of problems that we will encounter. Thus, it is necessary to find a perfect sleep formula that we can adapt to in order to get our healthy sleeping habits.
Choosing the best pillows for our sleep
You know, our sleeping positions we have contribute much to the comfort and habits that we develop over time. Many people sleep on their sides while many others prefer their back or stomach, and many others prefer all sleeping methods. Our foremost concern is how well our neck and spine are supported, for comfort and for no stiffness or backaches when we wake up the next morning.
Advantages of choosing a correct pillow:
Above explanation shows us reason why choosing the best pillows for side sleepers, back sleepers and stomach ones for great sleep is important. It is shown by the scientists that 20% of our sleeping area is our pillow. So, we often want to buy the correct pillow for our comfort during sleeping. Many people may not even realize the existing pillow is causing them to lose sleep because the body is not relaxing when they sleep. A correct pillow helps support our neck, shoulders, and spine with our head being the major concern to contour to this area of our body; a correct pillow helps fill in the space from the bed to our shoulders; and a correct pillow helps our head feel embraced.
People who sleep on sides need a firm pillow to fill in the space between outside shoulder and ear. For a good night’s sleep, the body should always be in a neutral position. Thus, side sleeper pillows have its own particular features.
Health benefits are the significant reason for side sleeper’s pillows. This kind of pillows brings us great sleep with the proper support and pressure relief. To a side sleeper, a best pillow would follow the curves of neck, upper spine, and head; help us have no muscle tension to rest soundly, and no shoulder pressure. Sleeping on our sides, we will not snore like those who sleep on their backs.
Criteria in choosing the best pillow:
There are many factors affecting the quality of your sleep. One of these factors is your pillow. A correct pillow must ensure the height, the weight, material, and other factors that are right for you and good for your sleep. A wrong pillow can exacerbate headaches, neck and shoulder tension. Determining what the best pillow is for you based on your sleeping habits will help ensure that you wake up refreshed and ready for a new day.
So, choosing the best pillow may follow the below criteria:
- Your preferred sleeping position: As mentioned above, some people sleep on their back, some sleep on their side and some others sleep on their stomach. Of course, your sleeping position is important for choosing the correct pillow. For example:
- For a stomach sleeper, a soft, fairly flat pillow is more suitable than the other kind. Even for this kind of sleeper, you may not need pillow at all. A soft pillow will allow your neck to stay more in line with your spine.
- For a back sleeper, you’d better to look for a medium thick pillow. Do not need a too thick pillow because it may push your head too far forward. Meanwhile a too soft pillow may sink down your head to the mattress. Thus, if you are a back sleeper, you may want a pillow thicker and firmer on the bottom in order to provide a bit of neck support.
- And in case you are a side sleeper, you will need a thicker, firmer pillow because it will help support your neck.
- Determining your pillow filling. There are many types of pillows with different things to offer. When choosing the correct pillow for you, you need to consider your medical issues. Of course, the best pillow for shoulder pain person will be different from the best pillow for neck pain person and also different from the best pillow for back pain person or best pillow for snoring or for side sleeper with sleep apnea. Or if you have asthma or allergies, or chronic neck pain, a particular filling is necessary.
You also need to remember that you need to consider the cost also, because some pillow fillings may be more expensive than others.
Regarding to the pillow filling, we may list some kinds as below:
- A down or feather pillow is typically made from the inner plumage of geese or ducks. More firmness suits side sleepers while less loft is good for back or stomach sleepers. It can last up to 10 years; and because it is made of a natural material, its typical characteristic is resilient and breathable so it may be best pillow for side sleeper with sleep apnea. However, be aware of difference between a down pillow and a feather pillow. A down pillow is very light and soft, and is usually located underneath the harder, stronger feathers, while feather is likely harder. Though there is no scientific evidence that down or feather pillows exacerbate allergies or asthma, some people prefer to avoid them. Even some people think that it is not the best pillow for baby. Of course, in case you wish to avoid down/feather pillows for ethical reasons or due to your asthma or allergies, synthetic versions are available.
- A wool or cotton pillow is suitable for people who suffer from severe allergies because it is not susceptible to dust mites or mold. However, these pillows are quite firm so may not be much suitable for stomach sleepers. Thus, in case you are a stomach sleeper, but you also want a hypoallergenic pillow, you may find a very thin wool or cotton pillow.
- A latex pillow is made from the sap of rubber trees, so it is elastic and resilient. This kind of pillow is mold resistant so very good for allergy sufferers. Another characteristic of a latex pillow is cooler than memory foam as said below, and it can form to fit your head and neck.
- A memory foam pillow is made of polyurethane, mixed with additional chemicals. It can be called the best pillow for shoulder pain and also the best pillow for neck pain because it can support well in case you have neck, jaw, or shoulder problems. It is long lasting and good at forming to your head and neck contours. However, its material can make users hot.
- A positional pillow (a lower case n-shaped pillow) is one of the best pillows for side sleepers with sleep apnea because it helps people with sleep apnea stay in the ideal position. It also helps reduce tossing and turning throughout the night.
- Anti-snore pillows are designed for people with snoring so it is the best pillow for snoring. It helps position the head so that the airways keep open by lifting the chin away from the chest.
- Cool pillows are designed to absorb head heat and to keep you feeling cool.
- Oxygen pillows are to promote the air circulation, help you breathe more freely and deeply while you sleep.
- The best pillow for baby who likes sleeping on sides is the pillow that offers protection for their head, neck and spine, but there will not be much space between the mattress and their heads to fill up.
- Pregnant women need a lot of support for their stomach area, so they may appreciate a side sleeper pillow that is both firm, yet moldable. So, shredded memory foam is a great choice; it can be called the best pillow for pregnancy because it fully supports, but it is easy to bend to wrap around their body as it changes.
Thus, you should read the best pillows for side sleeper reviews online before going shopping, especially if you are planning of buying a special pillow.
Let’s further explore the best pillows for side sleeper reviews in the below parts with top 10 best pillows for side sleepers 2019 herein below:
Herein above are all the best pillows for side sleeper reviews. We have many choices in looking for the best pillows for your sleeping needs. We hope that all above information regarding to the best pillows for side sleeper reviews is useful for your determination.